How to Fix HP Printer Communication Error on Mac
You HP Printer stops working when a user is attempting to print a file from their Mac computer but it an error messages indicates that there was a communication failure. When this type of communication error arises, your Mac cannot complete any printing task because it cannot communicate with your HP printer. A communication error on your HP Printer is often caused because of a network problem. This article will act as a simple guide to help you solve the HP Printer Communication Error on your Mac. If you find that the error persists, you can call the HP printer support and see if you can implement more advanced troubleshooting steps.
Solution 1: Reconnect your HP Printer to the USB Port
The communication error could be caused because of a loose cable or default printer settings. You can use the steps below to reconnect your HP Printer to Mac:
- Step 1: Disconnect the USB cable from your HP Printer and your Mac.
- Step 2: Switch the computer and the HP printer off then switch it on again.
- Step 3: Reconnect your HP Printer to your Mac device using the USB port.
- Step 4: Go to the ‘Finder’ option and open the Apple menu
- Step 5: Click on ‘System Preferences’ and then select ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- Step 6: Choose your HP Printer from the list of given devices
Once you reconnect your HP printer, you should give the command to print again and check if the communication error is resolved.
May Also Read – Dell Printer Customer Care Phone Number
Solution 2: Check the Printer Network Connection
In case you connect your HP Printer via a network you should refer to the steps below to reset the network setting and reconnect your HP Printer:
- Step 1: Make sure your HP printer and Mac device are on the same Wi-Fi
- Step 2: If the connection is via Ethernet ensure the network is the same
- Step 3: Go to the ‘System Preferences’ option on your Mac.
- Step 4: Click the ‘Printers & Scanners’ option and look for your HP Printer.
- Step 5: Select the HP Printer and click the minus (-) sign to remove it.
- Step 6: Restart your Mac device and open ‘System Preferences’ once again.
- Step 7: Press the plus (+) sign to add your HP Printer to Mac.
- Step 8: Press ‘Default’ and check the list of printers connected to your Mac.
- Step 9: Use the search field at the top of the window and narrow the search.
- Step 10: Enter the device’s IP address/hostname and protocol.
Once the network changes are complete and you are satisfied that you Mac and HP Printer are on the same network, print a test document to see if the error is fixed.
Solution 3: Reset the HP Printer Systems
Resetting the HP printing system has proved to be an effective way to solve the communication error related to your HP Printer. You can refer to the steps mentioned below to reset the printer system:
- Step 1: Click the Apple icon on your Mac and go to ‘System Preferences.’
- Step 2: Open the ‘Printers & Scanners’ and right-click the Printers window
- Step 3: Use ‘Control + click’ inside the Printers window
- Step 4: Click the ‘Reset printing system’ option and press ‘Ok’ to confirm
- Step 5: Enter your Mac username and password and click ‘Ok.’
- Step 6: Switch the HP Printer off, then switch it back on after a few seconds.
- Step 7: Press the add button and select your HP Printer from the list.
If you have any trouble implementing the solutions mentioned above, you can call the hp printer contact number and ask for additional help to fix the communication error. No matter what issue you may face while using your HP Printer, you can use the HP contact number to reach out to a trained technical expert to get the best solution to troubleshoot the error.